Monday, January 13, 2014

How my journey

  I started my passion in 1988.  Rap music had really taken off by then and I got my first car.  A 1986 Pontiac trans am. I pieced a system together buying pieces as I could afford them and making a big stack in my bedroom of the product. It took about 2 years but when i was done I was pretty proud of the results.  Rockford Pro 15" subs a mix of white amps (very rare at the time) PPI, G&S Competition, and Sansui (all PPI made at the time). A Rockford 3-way component set up, Sony CD Changer, a motorized amp rack  all kinds of stuff.
    With in a year I worked part time at a car audio shop called Cars in Melbourne Florida.  I found out pretty quickly the darker side of car audio.  Most installers lived a fast life, these guys drank (and whatever) pretty hard, they are not the best about showing up to work on time, and almost all of them have a temper or emotional issues. This stayed true for most of the guys I worked with up until 2003 or so then things changed, well except for the temper and emotional issues.  Don't worry guys, i wont mention names. 
    Here are a few pics of some vehicles that I have sold, or helped to install,  I wont get into them too much just wanna start you off with some eye candy.

This was one of the first bid tickets i did for Ultimate Audio (Ultimate was very expensive so i am not going to say how much). Please keep in mind this was done in 2003, and we wanted to keep it carpet because the customer said he was goning to toss bikes, and all kinds of stuff in the back.










    I have so much to share I don't know where to start next!  i know wires and RCA's the industries biggest secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment